UG PROGRAMMES - B.Des
WHO CAN APPLY?
Candidates for admission to the I Semester of Eight Semester B.Des., shall be required to have passed the :
- Higher Secondary Examination of (10+2) pattern of examination (or)
- have passed in 3 year Diploma (10+3) recognized by the Central / State Government Examination (or)
- any other Examination of any University / Authority accepted by the Syndicate of the affiliating University as equivalent thereto.
The students studying in 12th Standard in the current academic year can also apply. In case of their selection, they shall produce the original certificates in proof of having been passed the prescribed qualification at the time of admission.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION - B.Des
Admission to UG Programmes of MSFD will be made through online Computer Based Test of General Ability Test (GAT) followed by Paper Based Test on creative ability.
- General Ability Test (GAT) - 100 Marks - Computer based objective type Test.
- Creative Ability Test (CAT) - 100 Marks - Paper based Test.
The Syllabus for the MSFD Entrance Test :
GENERAL ABILITY TEST (GAT)
General ability test (GAT) is designed test the general ability of the candidates. The question will be at matriculation level covering the following areas. There will be no negative marks.
- - Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fraction and Percentage.
- - Synonyms, Antonyms, Singular, Plural, Idioms and Phrases.
- English Comprehension:
- - To comprehend a situation from a given passage and testing the basic English language.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
- - To test the candidate’s General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
CREATIVE ABILITY TEST (CAT)
This test is administered generally to assess the overall creative ability of the candidates. In the test, the intuition skill, the observation skill, creative and innovative use of color, illustration skill, innovative conceptualization and design skill are judged
The short listed candidate from the entrance test will be invited for the personal interview by a panel of experts. The personal interview will cover broadly in the general attitude, the communication ability, personal etiquette, aptitude and orientation of the candidates towards the subject.
The candidates can appear for online general ability test (Computer Based Test) on the prescribed dates.
It is assumed that the candidates appearing for the Online Test has a basic working knowledge in computer and internet.
The Short listed candidates from the online test will be called for creative ability test ( paper based test ) and personal interview to be conducted in chennai in the month of April/May/June 2018.
Candidates who appear for +2 examination can also appear for MSFD Entrance Test for admission to B.Des. Courses. However, in the event of their selection they should produce their original certificate in proof of qualifying the examination at the time of joining the course in MSFD.
Please don’t forget to visit our website regularly to keep up with the Exam announcements and updates on this.
The Entrance Test Fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Registration and Online Entrance Test Fees : Rs.500 Payable Online (Non-Refundable).
HOW TO APPLY
The Application for B.Des. courses should be submitted through online method which is designed very convenient to you.Apply Online
|1||Online Registration for B.Des. starts from||01/02/2018|
|2||Entrance Test for B.Des. (Computer Based Test)–First Cycle||01/02/2018 To 28/05/2018|
|3||Creative Ability Test(CAT) for B.Des(Paper Based Test) for shortlisted Candidates||May /June 2018 Specific dates will be informed to the candidates in mail|
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Entrance Test fee paid shall not be refunded for any reason, thereto.
- MSFD has the right to alter Entrance Test Dates without assigning any reason thereto.
- Date, Time and Venue for Paper Based Test and Personal Interview will be announced later.
- The admission to B.Des. courses shall be subjected to production of certificates in original in proof of meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria.